- Fixed several issues in the frontend-library-based development flow (i.e., removed the hardcoded port number, fixed double
Added new configuration options to the
cli.frontendLibrary key of the
projectPath: Sets the project path of the frontend-library project. This path will be used as the current directory while executing the frontend-app-related commands.
initCommand: A command that gets executed after downloading an app template with the
devCommand: This command will run with the
neu runcommand to start the frontend development server. The CLI doesn't wait for
devCommandcompletion, instead, it will wait for the frontend development server via the
neu buildcommand will execute this command before generating the app bundle, so you can generate static resources of your frontend app using this command.
- Download the latest Neutralinojs framework resources with the
--latestoption in the
- If framework versions are not present in the app/template configuration, download the latest framework resources automatically. The CLI will download nightly releases if it can't fetch the latest release tag because of an GitHub API-related issue (i.e., Exceeded rate limits).
- Download the TypeScript definition file for standalone client library mode. This won't include the TypeScript definition file to the final application bundle.
- Fix the hot-reloading issue that occurs with newer Node runtime versions.
- Avoid copying the
WebView2Loader.dllfile to the final app package since it was removed from the Neutralinojs framework.
- Use the
decompresslibrary instead of
unzipperto fix issues with latest Node.js runtime versions.
- Generate the Mac universal binary with the
- Implement a way to test plugins locally.
- Initiate a new Node.js-based test suite.
- Clean project files if the
neu createcommand wan't successful.
- Display an error message if the
neu build --copy-storagefails due to missing
- Support Darwin
arm64binaries natively without binary translation (
- Make the client library downloading process optional and support importing the client library via
- Download the module version of the client library based on the app configuration.
- Automatically re-install plugins when the neu CLI version is upgraded/downgraded via package managers.
- Support ARM (armhf/arm64) binaries.
- Add short descriptions for each command.
- Support to download nightly build versions.
- Fix plugin listing issue.
- Add a simple test-suite for testing CLI commands with a Bash script.
- Improve log messages and styles
- Display Neutralinojs process's STDIN and STDERR streams directly on the console.
--verboseoption from the
- Fix client library path issue with hot-reload workaround on Windows.
- Fix browser mode exit issue with
- Add a workaround to use hot module reloading from the app developer's existing frontend library/framework.
- Allow downloading any community template via
neu create myapp --template <template>.
<template>accepts valid GitHub repo identifiers. The default value is
--verboseoption to identify framework initialization crashes. It will show STDERR and STDOUT of the framework once the process was terminated.
- Support sending any internal CLI argument to the Neutralinojs process via
neu run -- <additional_args>.
runsince the same work can be done with
neu run -- --mode=<mode>.
- Fix the infinite retry issue with the
- Show an error message for download failures.
- Exclude auto-reload files via
- Watch only the
cli.resourcesDirto avoid many unwanted reloads.
- Add new
--copy-storageflag to automatically copy storage data to the app bundle.
cli.extensionsDiroptional for bundling process.
- Fix an issue in websocket error log.
- Copy extensions to the app bundle.
- Use websocket connection to auto reload app.
- Use server/client versions from config
- Removed global Neutralino version details