- Neutralinojs vs Electron vs NW.JS vs Tauri vs NodeGui vs Flutter vs .Net MAUI
- Neutralinojs vs Electron vs NW.js (2018)
When you start learning Neutralinojs, you will realize that Neutralinojs answers endless use cases. For example, you can use Neutralinojs for the following scenarios.
- Cross-platform desktop app development.
- Building web apps with native operations.
- Using as a cloud message broker.
- Connecting multiple processes by using as an IPC broker.
- and more...
- Portable development kit.
- No compilation required for application developers.
- No additional dependencies required for users.
- Native functions support: Read files, run system commands, etc.
- Less resource intensive compared to chromium-node-based frameworks.
- Cross-platform: Neutralinojs apps work on Linux, Windows, macOS, and Web.
- Simple and flexible development environment.
neu CLI provides you pre-built x64 binaries for Linux, macOS, and Windows. Additionally, it provides ARM (armhf/arm64) Linux binaries with the Neutralinojs framework v4.6.0 or newer versions and ARM (arm64) Darwin binaries with v4.10.0 or newer framework versions. We are trying to officially support all popular CPU architectures with the CLI soon! However, you can build Neutralinojs binaries from the source on almost all desktop operating systems and CPU architectures out there.
If you need Neutralinojs binaries for non-x64 CPU, learn how to build Neutralinojs from source with this guide.